Planning for a gym at home? Get these 5 types of equipment now!
In this fast-paced life, it is difficult to take out time to make physical workout your religion and gym your temple. But being fit is essential as if we will not take care of our body then it won’t be able to cooperate with us for a long. If you are not able to go to the gym then how about you make a small gym at your place? It not only ensures a regular workout routine but also gives you the freedom to workout whenever you want in the morning or evening. So let’s make a list of gym equipment that will help you lose those extra pounds and get a ripped body:
- Dumbbells: The hex shaped dumbbells with black rubber coating are ideal for a workout as it will not slip from the hands and are also rust resistant. Get 5 sets of dumbbells of different weighs and start training. But one should always start with lightweight dumbbells to avoid getting cramps or muscle tear and then steadily start using heavy ones.
- Bars: Pull up bars is ideal to gain strength as the body weight has to be pulled up. These bars don’t occupy much space as well but one should get bars that are sturdy and do not get a bend while working out. But a word of advice; get some resistance bands if you are new to this form of exercise to support your lower back.
- Treadmill: A perfect cardio workout and warm up exercise for both who are losing weight and those into muscle building. It will help to strengthen your core and can be used as a combination workout with strength training. If you don’t get time to for a run then run on treadmill first thing in the morning or before starting the workout and then start with strength training.
- Jumping Rope: Another exercise that is fun and a perfect cardio workout; jumping rope will make you sweat profusely. In order to increase our strength and endurance of the body jump while properly recording and count how many jumps you do per minute. Then slowly increase the timing and reps for faster results. You can get timing ropes from Proform Fitness at discounted prices and start your workout right away.
- Weight Plates: These plates actually test your patience and endurance. Shop for different variety plates starting from 5 to 45 pounds and put some weight on the bars to train rigorously and get a toned body.
- Boxing Bag: Punch and kick all you want with a punching bag and burn those extra calories you had today. Whether you cheated on a diet or just had a bad day; punching bag will make it better and yes it is a good cardio workout as well if you don’t feel like following the routine.
To conclude, there is no excuse to miss your workout if you have a gym at home and trust me your home gym will become your mood and energy booster that will replace your comfort food.